Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My neck. My back. My neck and my back...

I have been having pretty severe neck pain for about 6 months now. Due to some recent tingling in my hands, the fear is I have a pinched nerve. Not good. My x-rays show only a little degeneration so I go to get my MRI results tomorrow. They should give us a better picture of the source of my problems. I had the MRI last week and, although it wasn't the worst thing I have ever done, it was pretty unpleasant. Lying in a teeny tube (I am somewhat claustrophobic), not able to move for 30 minutes is no fun. But, I survived and learn my fate tomorrow. OK, I am being slightly dramatic but I am worried as to the solution they will have for my pain. Please keep your fingers crossed!

As for the comment about my back in my title, that has been persistent for the last 10-12 years due to a skiing accident, I believe. I am getting that checked on too but we want to solve the neck issue first as it makes sitting at a desk all day extremely unbearable!

No comments: