Monday, May 18, 2009

On the mend

I had my Mohs surgery last Thursday. They got all the cancer in the first pass which was a relief! However, the repair work was rather extensive. If he had just sewn up the hole like he would have if it were on my arm, it would have left a big notch in my ear. So, he extended the hole on each corner and basically made a big H out of it. Then, he sewed two long lines up, following the contour of my ear. It took him almost an hour to complete and around 30 stitches! I tried to find pictures online but they were kinda gross, so you will just have to imagine it. : )

I don't have to tell you how painful that was once the Lidocaine wore off. And, I have to keep a bandage on my entire ear, which is not easy. I get the stitches out Friday and I can not wait. The pain is better but the bandage is very awkward.

No comments: