Wednesday, February 9, 2011

swiss chicken

Here's another great recipe for a quick and easy dinner.

Swiss Chicken

6-8 skinless boneless chicken breasts
can of cream of mushroom
1/4 cup milk
8 slices swiss cheese
2 cups Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

How to make it:

Spray slow cooker with spray
Put chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot
Cover chicken with swiss cheese, layering if necessary
Combine soup and milk and mix well, then pour on top of cheese
Put stuffing mix on next
Pour melted butter on top of mix
Cook 8-10 hours on low, 4-6 on high


I modified it for just Brad and I to do on a weeknight.  So, I used two pieces of chicken and two pieces of cheese.  I mixed a tad of milk and 1/2 can of soup and just covered the top with the stuffing mix.  I did add the butter but don't believe it is necessary and will skip that next time.  Maybe the milk too.  I did all this in a casserole dish (covered with foil for the first 45 minutes) for about an hour at 350.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: