Monday, September 19, 2011

cake pops

 I think I am way behind on this trend!  But, we had a baby shower for a coworker and his wife and I decided to try my hand at cake pops.  They were yummy!!
So, you take a cake mix (I used double chocolate fudge) and cook it according to box.  Once baked and cooled, break it up into crumbs and mix it with about 3/4 of a container of frosting (I used cream cheese).  You round those out and freeze them for about an hour. 

Melt some vanilla or chocolate wafers down in a double-boiler and color as you like.  Poke each with a lollipop stick.  I actually dipped each stick into the melted vanilla first and then into the cake ball.  This is supposed to help everything stay together.  Once that dries, dip the cake pop into the melted vanilla/chocolate.  Coat evenly and let all excess drip off.  Decorate!!



I made these stryofoam trees with ribbon to match their pink and green color scheme.



And decorated (if you can call it that) with a g for their last name or dots.

No comments: