Monday, January 30, 2012

italian chicken

Last week, I made this chicken dish that I have had on my 'to make' list for a long time.  A friend periodically asks her facebook audience for their favorite ______ recipe.  I copy and paste the answers into an email to myself and save for a later date.  This was on the chicken list, obvs!


Italian Chicken

Place thawed chicken breasts in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with oregano, 2 bay leaves and onion soup mix.  Cover with Italian dressing.  Bake at 350 until done through.

Jami's notes: Veggie lovers can add mushrooms and tomatoes prior to the seasonings.  I used my handy-dandy meat tenderizer ahead of time and let this marinate for about an hour before cooking.  I only cooked three breasts and 1/2 of a packet of soup mix would have been fine.  I covered this with foil to help keep in juices. 

I have to say, the foil was not needed.  This was the most tender, flavorful chicken next to Ritz Chicken (recipe to come later) I have ever had.  It could not have been easier either.  Busy moms, do this now!


I roasted some asparagus quickly with olive oil, salt, pepper and a little parm.  Whole wheat yeast rolls from Fresh Market rounded out the meal.  Oh, and strawberries with fat-free whipped cream for dessert!

No comments: