Monday, January 21, 2013

lemon dill chicken



The picture on the recipe (link above) looks much more appetizing than mine.  Ha.  Mine looks dry but it definitely was not.  In retrospect, I didn't serve the pan sauce over the chicken - duh. Man, I am off my game because I have taken such a long time off from cooking.  The flavor was still great though!

I served the chicken with sauteed asparagus (olive oil, S&P) and these yummy roasted parmesan potatoes. 


4 medium russet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 450F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Slice potatoes in half, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Place potatoes in a medium bowl and toss with oil.
Combine Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper,and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Add the Parmesan mixture to potatoes in bowl; toss to coat potatoes evenly.
Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
Bake, turning once, until potatoes are lightly browned and easily pierced with a knife, about 25 minutes.

These potatoes are my go-to.  So yummy and crunchy on the outside.  I don't mix all the spices together first (why dirty another bowl?) but instead just dump them all in with the oil-coated potatoes.  I actually don't even really measure but, if you do that, just be careful with the cayenne.  Make sure to spray the pan and toss frequently to avoid sticking. 

No comments: