Friday, November 4, 2011

uga/uf party

Last Saturday, we had some folks over to watch the Dawgs beat the Gators.  Ha, I love typing that.  Beat the Gators.  :) 

It wasn't the prettiest but to come from behind and hold them to -19 rushing yards for the game - amazing.

We enjoyed some yummy grub.  Check it out...
Brad says this lemon, pepper and pecorino dip was girly.  Maybe so because I loved it!  Light and different.



These pretzel bites were a little intimidating at first but were definitely worth the work.  Auntie Anne's, watch out!

I used the link above as a guide.  We don't have Rhodes Roll dough here so I just found some dough (Bridgford Parkerhouse Style Rolls from Publix) that had to rise before you cooked it. 

Once it thaws, cut into bite-size pieces and lay on a greased pan, covered with greased plastic wrap, to rise.  Mine didn't rise very much and were very sticky so keep your hands wet/greasy.  Boil small batches for about 45 seconds each.  Bake at 375 on a greased pan until gbd (golden brown, delicious).  This took longer than she lists and I did turn them over once.  After you remove them from the oven, toss in melted butter (!) and sprinkle with kosher salt and canned parm.  Or cinnamon sugar for those looking for something sweet.  I provided marinara, honey mustard and melted cheese for dipping.  Heavenly, really.  Don't be intimidated like me.  Even though they didn't act perfectly during the making, they turned out perfectly. 



This cheddar bacon ranch dip was one of the hits - yummy.  AKA crack.


Had to go with something sweet.  These chocolate peanut butter bars are so rich but delish!



Believe it or not, my favorite dip was probably the healthiest - Texas Caviar.

1 can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1 can shoepeg corn
8 oz Italian dressing
herbs, S&P

I used the corn with peppers in it.  Added more flavor and cut out a step.  I added cilantro, onion flake and hot sauce for a little kick.  I made mine fairly soupy and love it that way.  Allow this to marinate in the fridge overnight so the beans get plenty soft and flavors meld.  Mmmm.



I didn't make these but Chinaberry Cheese Straws are always a must!

Oh, we also finished off this yummy peanut butter cheese ball from the Swank party.  Had to get that out of the house!!

I didn't get a picture of my spread before it was all gone.  Hoping to post some fun pictures of us tomorrow while watching the Dawgs beat NMSU with no running backs.  They decided to celebrate after beating the Gators too.  Or before - whatever.  :) 

No comments: