Friday, October 14, 2011

peanut butter 'cheese' ball

Ok, go ahead and hate me now because this is not going to help your diet!  :)

This is another pinterest recipe and might be my favorite yet. 


8 oz softened cream cheese
1 c powdered sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
3/4 c peanut butter chips
3/4 c milk chocolate chips
graham cracker sticks, apple slices or shortbread cookies for serving

Beat the first 4 ingredients together in a mixer.  Spoon the mixture into a large piece of saran wrap, wrap tightly and freeze for several hours to harden.  Once hard, roll in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.  Freeze again until it is ready to serve.  It will thaw out in about 30 minutes.

*I recommend using reduced fat peanut butter (at least) as the regular kind makes it very greasy.  I had a hard time finding the graham cracker sticks so I used Lorna Doone short bread cookies.  They were amazing and I think a better option.*

No comments: