Thursday, March 29, 2012

man casserole

Very hardy, one dish dinner.  And, for a couple of folks that don't like leftovers, this one is great with no weird consistency changes upon reheating.



I used Publix Greenwise Italian chicken sausage but I bet turkey sausage would be great too.  I just used cans of crushed tomatoes and whatever herbage I had around.  DO NOT used boxed potatoes.  Mashed potatoes are one of the easiest things to make.*  I did not use nearly this much cheese either. 

*To make mashed potatoes, cut peeled potatoes into small 1/2 inch cubes and cover with water in microwave-safe bowl.  Cook in microwave until fork tender.  Drain and use a masher to incorporate your choice of milk, butter, sour cream, etc.  Experiment with it but go slowly because it will get too runny fast.  Be sure to add plenty of salt!

No comments: