Thursday, March 29, 2012

meatless monday

So, I actually made this last night.  But, this gave me the idea to start meatless Mondays after the craziness of Masters is over.  I realized I had a ton of grapes that I needed to eat.  This is one of my favorite dishes!  It is so cool and refreshing - perfect for summer.  Just cut the grapes lengthwise.  Layer on sour cream (I used fat free) and sprinkle with a little dark brown sugar.   

Place in the fridge for the sugar to soak into the sour cream for about an hour. 

Yum - almost gone.  Actually, my favorite fruit dip is sour cream with some brown sugar mixed in and allowed to melt.  So good!  This is great for dessert as well. 

For veggies, I made these so-called zucchini tots.  The flavor was great but there are a few things I would change.  For one thing, unless I am making these as finger food, the small portions are not necessary.  I will just spread this in a small casserole dish next time.  It actually has a hash consistency so I think this would be nice.  My mini muffin tin cups had a little rust in them so I thought I would try it with liners.  Not smart - they stuck like crazy.  So, definitely lube up your cooking vessel of choice.  Now, for the ingredients...

1 c grated zucchini (I used one large zucchini)
1 egg
1/4 chopped onion (I used my onion flake)
1/4 c cheese (I used cheddar but parm would be yummy too)
1/4 c Italian bread crumbs
S & P

After grating the zucchini, ring it out in a dish towel.  Mix with all remaining ingredients and spoon into your baking dish/muffin tin.  Bake at 400 until the top is brown and crunchy. 

No comments: