Monday, February 25, 2013

hash pinwheels

This is a very quick-and-dirty dinner.  I joke about it being trailerpark food but it is a lot like camping food.  Not super-healthy but we can't eat well all the time, now can we?
 
 
Make a traditional biscuit dough (I use a ratio of 4:2:1 of SR flour, buttermilk and shortening.  So, 2 c flour, 1 of buttermilk and 1/2 of shortening.)  Flatten it out on a well-floured surface.  I don't roll it but I guess you could.  Spread a can of corned beef hash all over the dough and sprinkle with pepper.  (I did use 50% reduced fat corned beef hash so I guess that's something.)
 
Roll the dough (from the long side) to form a pinwheel log.  Liberally flour your hands and tuck any loose ends in as you go.  Then, slice through the log and lay each piece on a greased cookie sheet.
 
Bake at 450 until gbd (golden, brown, delicious).

 
And to top if off, you have to smother it in a traditional cheese sauce.  Yummmmm.

No comments: