Saturday, December 28, 2013

pregnancy at 39 weeks

Well. she is almost here!!  Today makes 39 weeks.  Hard to believe.  We are ready for her to be here but not sure we are ready for everything else.  But, if you waited until you were ready, that time would never come huh?  We are so excited!
 
I seem to have missed a few weeks here and there but here is my best guess as to when these were taken...
 
 
Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen at 25 weeks.

 
26 weeks

 
27 weeks

 
28 weeks

 
29 weeks
 
(third trimester and one of the few photos taken before work when i actually look decent.)

 
32 weeks
 
I am guessing on this one but I know I missed the 31 weeks photo.  I had a stomach bug.  Let me tell ya, that was rough while being pregnant.  I threw up for 24 hours straight and was comatose for the next 24.  I think this was after that because I guarantee you I lost weight and I don't look much bigger here.  Or it could be 30 weeks.
 
(these next few are guesses.  i didn't realize i missed so many photos.  crap.)

 
33 weeks


35 weeks
 

 
36 weeks

 
38 weeks

 
39 weeks (taken yesterday)
 
Overall, I started feeling better around 26 weeks.  Still not good, mind you, but better.  I still get sick occasionally and have no long-term energy.  I was able to lower my nausea medicine doseage a few months ago.  Heartburn (and other GI issues) and sleeplessness have gotten so much worse lately.  I get up to go to the bathroom at night a lot.  That's fine but then I lay awake for hours thinking of things I need to do.  I got horrible headaches every morning for about a month and a half but those have lessened a little.  Of course, Mary Van is getting so big she is causing me lots of pain too.  My ligaments are super sore and I get shooting pains sometimes.  She's on my sciatic nerve a lot too.  And my ribs.  Oh Lord, my ribs.  They are bruised she has been on them so much lately. 
 
I have only bought maternity jeans (which I love) and leggings (which I hate because they won't stay up most of the time).  I went to Ross and bought some cheap sweater dresses that I didn't mind if they got stretched out.  I just refused to buy other things I wouldn't wear that much.  If these dresses survive fitting over the bump, then great.  If not, not much money lost!  I really haven't had any cravings.  I will see things that sound good and that I think my stomach can handle but nothing weird or out of the ordinary. 
 
People ask me if I have been nesting.  Well, I don't think of it as nesting.  I think of it as getting s$@t done.  Getting ready for a baby is pretty involved!  Now I know (after our childbirth classes) that true nesting is a short-term burst of energy right before you go into labor.  Haven't had that yet!
 
We are hoping she makes her appearance soon.  The pseudo-nursery is ready and our bags are packed.  We go back to the doctor on Monday for a check-up.  There is a chance he will be out of town for the next week which makes me nervous.  At 35 weeks, she weighed 5.5 lbs which puts her right around 7.5-8 lbs at birth.  All her other measurements were right at 35-36 weeks except for her stomach.  That was 33 weeks so she will probably be a little on the lean side. 
 
Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers!!


No comments: