Sunday, August 19, 2012

black bean and cheese enchiladas with ranchero sauce

(finally getting back to using my SLR camera.  can ya tell?)


I am not going to lie, these were kinda labor-intensive.  The sauce was pretty involved (boiling dried chiles, sauteing onions, adding herbage and blending) but it was definitely worth it.  As with a lot of my re-posted recipes, I think you could use less cheese.  I actually didn't get ancho chiles because I was worried about the heat.  Fresh Market had some chiles that were a 3 on the heat index, instead of the 4 of anchos.  However, there wasn't much heat at all so I think the anchos would have been fine.  Either way, these were delicious and will be made again soon, despite the extra work.  They make 6 servings so it lasts a while for me and Brad.  Be careful not to burn the garlic!  You could easily add shredded chicken too.

No comments: