Friday, January 7, 2011

christmas

We had a great Christmas and probably got more than we deserved!! 
Mama and Daddy had these windowboxes installed for us.  This is Mom's original design!!  I can not wait to get some flowers in there and will repost then. 
 I got this coat from my parents too.  Mine was so old and ratty.  It is a J Crew wool carlin coat.  Sorry for the blurry photo. 
 Brad got me some diamond earrings!  I have been after him for some for a while now.  He did go over our allotted budget though so these are for my birthday, Valentine's and anniversary too.  :)  He says he is done purchasing diamonds for a while but I say we'll see.  J/K!
Bill and Debbie got us a case of wine from Washington State.  We are cracking a bottle tonight at dinner with Martha et al in Louisville. 

I also got some scarves, money and some cool books from Levi (more about those once I have read them).  Oh and a New York Butcher Shoppe gift cert.  That won't last long!

Brad got a nice ski jacket for a trip in February and a range finder.  Also, some tennis shoes and a camel hair blazer from Jos A Bank

I think my favorite part of Christmas is giving gifts!  I love to wrap them and see the joy (hopefully!) when friends and family open them.  I think we did a great job this year!

Brad may have had the best though.  When we got engaged, Mom told him there was a family tradition of giving the mother-in-law a matching ring.  So, Brad 'went to Claire's!'  Ha - it was hysterical!

Hope everyone got exactly what they wanted this year - under the tree and otherwise.  :)

No comments: