Thursday, October 27, 2011

onion chicken and rice

This is a great one-dish dinner.  Stick it in the oven and, an hour later, you have dinner.  I did roast some asparagus in olive oil and sprinkle it with S&P and shaved parmesan.

Btw, I have gotten lazy and started using my phone to take pictures. Not attractive.  Mom, I know, I want an SLR for Christmas.  :)

 
 
1 1/4 c rice
2 tbsp margarine
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can soup water
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt

In frying pan, brown the rice in the margarine.  Cover bottom of baking pan with rice.  Place the chicken on top of the rice.  Mix the soup, water and salt together and pour over the rice.  Cover pan with foil and cut a 3/4" slit in it.  Bake at 400 for an hour. 

*Jami's notes: I browned the rice right in my dutch oven and added all the ingredients on top of that.  I only used two breasts and it was still wasn't over-flavored.*

No comments: